Our first musical of our 2022 season is Matilda. Rehearsals will be held Fridays and Sundays beginning on January 7th. The show will run from March 4th to March 13th, 2022 at BMA’s Studio Theater. Please take a look at our rehearsal and show schedule here before submitting an audition.
Actors from 3rd grade through college are eligible to audition for this production! You do not need to be a BMA student.
Participation Fee is $450 per actor. Actors will be encouraged to sell ads.
We will be holding video auditions. Please submit one 32 bar (1 minute) cut of a musical theater song. At the beginning of the video, please slate by stating your name, age and the title of your song.
- Please submit your audition in the form of an unlisted Youtube link. Instructions for uploading an unlisted video can be found here.
- (DEADLINE EXTENDED!) Videos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 28st at 5:00 PM along with the audition form and a headshot/resume if you have one.
Please fill out the Audition Form, found here and email if along with your unlisted YouTube link. The form can be filled out electronically, or printed and then scanned.
- Conflicts should be reserved for emergencies and urgent matters only. Rehearsal conflicts will affect casting.
- There will be a mandatory meeting for actors and parents on Friday, January 7th, 2022.
- Vaccinated cast members will have the opportunity to perform maskless if they submit a negative covid test result going into tech week and each weekend of shows (3 total).
- Audience members are required to wear masks.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com
“The necessity of programs like BMA in local communities cannot be overlooked or ignored. BMA provides a nurturing environment for young students to grow not just as artista, but as individuals, in a way that positively challenges and enforces their sense of self. As a guest teacher at BMA, I have noticed the confidence and worth ethic of each student: a grounded assuredness that is so easily lost for many young individuals in the debilitating chaos that often goes hand in hand with growing up. BMA gives young students the foundations and tools necessary to cultivate their skills while also providing a catalyst for self-discovery in a safe space.”
-Erika Henningsen (Cady Heron - Mean Girls)